When Shopping for Funiture.
- Bring samples if you are matching colors to aviod errors in color coordination.
- Test seating for comfort in the same manner you would at home.
- The best frames are solid kiln-dried hardwoods with doweled and blocked corners.
- Ask your salesperson about the different types of spring construction.
- Select furniture that reflects your lifestyle.
Bedroom/ Dining Room/ Occasional
- The best fames are solid kiln-dried hardwoods with corner blocks.
- For longer wear surfaces on cabinets or tables, the construction should be wood veneer or solid wood rather than printed finishes.
- Drawer corners should be joined by mortise and tennon, such as English or French dovetail joints.
Mattress and Box Spring
- Premium bedding has a box spring foundation and firm tempered coils in the mattress. The firmer the coils, the longer the life of the set.
- The flexalater prevents padding from shifting into the coils and creating voids in teh comfort layers. Not all mattresses have flexalators.
- Pick a comfort layer that suits your need. They vary by firmness pads, cotton felt, and quilted toppers. Some nesting is a normal occurrence in softer toppers.